Halloween went off without a hitch. We even had a rain-free night. Uriah, Lincoln, and I spent the evening with my parents, brothers and sisters, and nephews.
Lincoln reused his costume from last year with the addition of the popcorn & butter hat and the "Popcorn" lettering on the front. Since he can still squeeze in, it was just too fun not to use it again. (Plus I'm going to have a heck of a time out-doing the pure awesome-ness of a popcorn box.)
Our only major mishap was the nose dive Lincoln took while running along the sidewalk. He landed flat on his face, and I was afraid I was going to have a bloody mess when I lifted him up. Thankfully his hat, and I can only imagine, the box itself protected his nose and teeth. He cried up a storm and let me tell you, comforting a box of popcorn is an awkward ordeal.
After about two hours we called it a night. Lincoln's measly four pounds of candy was nothing on the 20 pounds my 14 year-old brother Rahzjon managed to unload from our trick-or-treater friendly neighborhood. 20 pounds in two hours...unbelievable.
Lincoln with his cousins: Giovanni and little chicken Avrom.
Popcorn and Daddy
Rahzjon with his haul.

No comments:
Post a Comment