Notice anything wrong with this picture?
Creativity in action or wardrobe malfunction?
This is what happens when your stick-child dresses himself. It makes absolutely no difference whether you put them on frontward or backward. It's all the same!
And since his pants were on backward walking backward seemed like a good idea too.
Lately it's been hard to get a "normal" picture of Lincoln. Quirkiness cannot be suppressed!! (At least not on film.) Even Persephone gets in on it. Or maybe that's more like, "Ew, don't kiss me."
Ever feel like you're trying to tame a ferocious lion rather than raise a little boy?
Persephone got a late baby shower gift which Lincoln unwrapped of course. He then thought it would be cute to make her into a present. So we did.
Lincoln's 5th Birthday is tomorrow. We tried to stealthily purchase some Legos for the occasion. Let me tell you, boys who love Legos with such passion cannot be fooled. While I distracted Lincoln, Uriah slipped the Star Wars Legos into the cart and tucked them behind Persephone's car seat. Then, Uriah took Lincoln out to the car ahead of me so I could buy the Legos. The first thing I heard when I got back to the car: "Mom, can I play with my Legos?" Grrrrrr. We then had to listen to "I sure want my space Legos," for the rest of the night. What's a red-handed parent to do? Hmm...you can:
1) Distract: "Ooh, look over here. Something shiny. Hey! Is that a purple elephant driving a school bus?"
2) Lie: "Legos? What Legos? I didn't see any Legos. I certainly didn't buy any Legos."
3) Ignore: "I don't hear you. La, la, la. That broken-hearted crying is not going to work on me mister!"
4) Confess: "Yes, I bought the Legos, but they're for your Birthday which is now ruined because you know what your present is and not only that, but you'll have to suffer three days in agony because you can't have them until we sing Happy Birthday!! Raaaagghhh!"
All I know is stealth mode is going to have to go way up next time. He's obviously too keen for the likes of these bumbling parents.

I think Lincoln totally rocks the backwards pants. He's bringin' it back Kriss Kross style yo!
ReplyDeleteI love the sibling affection. Rosalyn also gets a lot of unwanted kisses from Ellis.
So which option did you decide on with the legos? I've already had issues trying to get Ellis things while she's with me.
We made ungainly attempts at everything shy of confession. He wasn't having any of it. Even after we got home a few hours later and were putting him to bed he pleaded with me to get the Legos out of the car, which was exactly where they were. I finally resorted to out-and-out lying: "There aren't any Legos." He responded, "Yes there are. They're in the car." I'm such a failure. (sigh)
ReplyDeleteNote to not-so-smart parents of smart kids: Go birthday present shopping without the birthday boy. Trust me on this one...you will be outwitted!
Persephone is beautiful...can't wait to see her. It is great to see that Lincoln is keeping things lively while the other sibling just lays there :) glad you are feeling better
ReplyDeleteHaha I love all the stories. Lincoln cracks me up! He and Kenzie sure give you and Fiona a run for your money!
ReplyDeleteLincoln and Persephone look so much alike! I love it. They are adorable.
Ok so um, Your post could be a journal entry for me word for word :P Morgan is not one to be fooled anymore, neither is Jax for that matter, they are 9 and 6 (respectively) but even if I do the shopping without them and hide it in the house before I pick them up etc. It is like the have a sixth sense for knowing when there is something new in the house...he has found every hiding place I have and they were pretty creative I might add. My new hiding place for small items, suck as treats that I would rather they not eat all of in one sitting, is one of those Costco size Ziploc freezer bag boxes. I usually have a couple stacked up in the corner of the pantry and so I kept an empty one an leave it on the bottom of the stack :P Pretty good if you ask me :D Lego's are the best investment, you won't be disappointed in that purchase, prepare yourself for a future of HOURS of child entertainment and Parental peace and quiet :) Although if he is a newby, you may have to help him build them at first. But the instructions are so easy, he will be building them by himself in no time :) Love your updates :) and love your beautiful children too :)
ReplyDeleteoops... meant *such* "suck" is a bad word at our house :) (Morgan picked it up at school and we had to resort to hot sauce on the tongue to get rid of the habit.)
ReplyDeleteI love that silly Lincoln. He is so cute and says so much funny stuff.
ReplyDelete