Aside from actually finding a sickie to kiss, this is how I decided to spend the 2 weeks of Uriah's paternity leave, recovering only in time for him to go back to work. This fun-filled adventure even included a trip to the hospital and an IV for dehydration. Great idea, huh? Yeah, not so much.
"Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful." -Buddha
Even though I felt like I was going to every time I had to swallow, at least I didn't die, so I'm grateful for that. And a thousand times grateful that neither my nursing baby nor anyone else got sick. And I can easily fit into my pre-pregnancy pants so "let us all be thankful."
And of course, after all that griping, a few pictures of the things I'm most grateful for.
Uriah & Persephone out for a walk in the sun. (She's in there somewhere.)
Sleepy baby.
She likes to sleep.
She's pretty much always asleep, except when we want to sleep of course.
Lincoln loves Persephone...no, really.

Ahh! Don't even talk to me about the lack of sleep -- I am so NOT ready for it. I'm getting anxiety just thinking about it... Ugh.
ReplyDeletePersephone is definitely 100% adorable though, so it's all worth it in the end. I for sure think she looks a TON like Lincoln. Maybe her nose is just a smidge different, but I bet they will be a cute little brother and sister combo. Congrats on one good looking family!
Congratulations on your sweet baby! She's adorable!
ReplyDeleteShe just keeps getting cuter and cuter! I love the pics Shari. You guys definitely can't make ugly children, that's for sure! :-)
ReplyDeleteAnd sorry to hear you were so sick! That's a horrible way to enjoy being a new mom!
ReplyDeleteShari! SO glad you found me on facebook! Congrats on your new little addition! She is beautiful. We had a baby 3 weeks before you and I can totally relate to your post! Jaundice, croup, pneumonia, colds, allergic reactions and other horrid things not to be listed in public have graced our home since the day the baby came!!! 7 weeks postpartum and ALMOST all healthy again!!!! Looks like you guys are doing great, and again congrats! ope the sleeping well starts soon!!
ReplyDelete