It is so hard to wait. Lincoln has been eagerly and impatiently awaiting Christmas since the beginning of October. Any time he does something right he will exclaim, “Now Santa will bring me presents! I’m so excited!”
I first discovered what Lincoln wants for Christmas last month when he and I were at the Fort Lewis PX. We were shopping for something else, but it’s hard to avoid the toy ailes when you’ve got an enthusiastic 4 year old with legs. As we were walking down an aisle Lincoln cried, “Mom, I want Diegos. I want Diegos for Christmas.” There was a desperate pleading in his voice. I looked around and could not for the life of me find anything to do with Diego or even Dora. I was baffled, but clinging to my legs and head-butting my pregnant belly he kept saying he wanted Diegos over and over. Finally it clicked...Oh, Legos. He wants Legos. We were indeed in the Lego aisle.
Thanks to the Diego videos, Lincoln can sometimes say Diego with a very convincing Latino accent. That means that the D is very soft, barely audible. I’ve since determined, thanks to the billions of times Lincoln has repeated his Christmas wish, that he wasn’t saying Diegos with a soft D (like I thought at the PX), but Llegos with the Spanish double L, which makes more of a yeh sound like the word quesadilla.
No matter how many times we try saying, “It’s L, L, Legos,” he fires back, “No, it’s Ll, Ll, Llegos.”
Santa, if you’re reading this, please, for the love of sanity, bring this child some Llegos!

When you guys come to visit, we will take Lincoln to the Lego store. It's right down the street and there are dinosaurs and a life size Darth Vader made entirely of Legos. I didn't know that Lincoln lost a tooth?
ReplyDelete