Friday, February 5, 2010

The Soldier Bed

Okay...so craigslist rocks!

We've wanted to move Lincoln into a twin sized bed for a while, but did not want to pay a ridiculous amount to do so. So we began the hunt for a bed, mattress, and bedding.

While on the way to a furniture store to look at beds, out of the corner of my eye I spied a bed on the side of the road! One quick U-turn later we had a free head and foot board. Whoohoo! That was definitely worth the trip. All Uriah had to do was construct the side rails and supports with a few materials swiped from my dad's extensive "collection" in the shop.

Later, on craigslist I found a tempur-pedic twin (aka very expensive) mattress listed for $200. We drove a half an hour to check it out. It had a stain, so I was hesitant to make the purchase. The guy, obviously sensing the loss of his sale, offered it for $100. Hesitant no longer!

The great thing about memory foam? It folds in half. Not recommended for storage, but for a quick ride home, no prob. So we sandwiched it into our trunk and drove home with an insane deal.

After another trip to Fred Meyer, we had some sheets and a comforter...all at 50 percent off.


Lincoln says, "Mom! Dad! I love my soldier bed. It's so snuggly."

With a smidgen of elbow grease and less than $200, Lincoln now has one posh sleeping surface. If we could just get him to stay there through the night, we'd consider the whole thing a success!


His pillow says "Army Strong," and Lincoln is showing me his muscles. :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the twin bed. (Ellis won't touch hers yet.) I know the euphoria that accompanies a good deal -- so glad you're enjoying it :). Give us a call when you get a chance!!!
    -Elijah & Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Congrats on the awesome deal! I too am a craigslist fan.

    ReplyDelete